I have needed on occasion, the ability to clear the clipboard and start with a fresh copy/cut & paste session. Here is how I go about doing this.
- In Windows XP – Microsoft removed the shortcut to the clipboard from the Start menu.
- So, I created my own on the Desktop.
- Right click on the Desktop.
- Goto New -> Shortcut.
- Item location is – C:\windows\system32\clipbrd.exe
- Change Windows path to correct drive.
- Give the Shortcut a name.
Now whenever you need to quickly view the contents or delete the contents of the clipboard – you can.